Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Way to go Chipotle: Raising awareness of our food supply (commercial)

A wonderful commercial by the Mexican fast food chain, Chipotle, popped up on my Facebook newsfeed tonight.  It really moved me and here's why.   First,  I have to tell you I absolutely love the song choice!   Ever since I was a child watching Gene Wilder sing it in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, it has always resonated with me.  Secondly (and most importantly), the majority of us are blissfully unaware of what we are eating on a day to day basis. Thankfully, slowly but surely the word is starting to get out and spread.  You wouldn't have even heard of the term GMO, five years ago and suddenly I see it everywhere. This is good, we need to open our eyes to this kind of thing and reclaim our food back!!!   I hope this short little "cartoon" will resonate with people and stir people to really start thinking about what exactly we are putting into our mouths on a daily basis.  Is it really, truly actually food?  Third, I love that a popular fast food chain is out there trying to make a difference, by raising awareness and making changes to their own menu.

Please watch the video and share it with your friends and family if it moves you like it did me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment