I've still been very hopeful something will come along which will not only keep the odor away, but will also help keep the sweat in check :) I learned about Schmidt's Natural Deodorant when it popped up in my twitter feed one day about a month ago from a blog I recently began following, Organic Beauty Talk. What intrigued me to immediately add this product into my shopping cart, was this statement taken directly from Schmidt's Natural Deodorant's site: "Our formula effectively neutralizes underarm odor and absorbs wetness without the use of aluminum or other harmful chemicals." Could this really be true??? Could it really help with wetness?? I couldn't wait to try it and find out.
Schmidt's Handcrafted Organic Deodorant - Bergamot & Lime (2oz) $11.99
~Amazon Affiliate link
* Ingredients: Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), Maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter,
Citrus bergamia (bergamot) essential oil, Citrus aurantifolia (lime) essential oil, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Humulus lupulus (hop) extract
- Packaging: I love the little jar it comes in. It's simple yet adorably chic. It even comes with a little spatula to help scoop the deodorant out of the jar. You can use your fingers but when I do that I get deodorant underneath my fingernails, so I prefer using the provided spatula.
- Texture & Application: The deodorant is kind of a flaky, semi-solid cream. It warms up when you begin rubbing it into your skin becoming very soft and pliable. A pea sized amount sufficiently covers the entire area. It absorbs right in and won't leave you feeling greasy or slimy or anything like that.
- Scent & Odor Protection: In the jar and for about an hour after application, it has a very pleasant, lime scent. After wearing for about an hour, the lime scent disappears, leaving more of a fresh, very light, almost piney scent. It still smells feminine though and I really like it. I think the best part is it keeps the odor away, lasting all day and even overnight.
- Wetness Protection: The baking soda and arrowroot powder are what is added to help with controlling wetness.
- Extra Bonus: Made in the USA in Portland, OR. I love buying USA made products!
I am very thrilled with how well this product has worked for me. I've been wearing this now for a month now and have been very impressed. I've still had a few sweaty moments especially when I've been stressed out and even aluminum based deodorants do nothing for me in those moments. The product doesn't rub off on your clothing and you won't get all those little white flakes caking all over your underarms. Odor control is fantastic. This deodorant held strong through a college football game I attended with temps in the 90's and 100% humidity, so I'd say it works!!! I am super excited about this natural deodorant. I can finally toss out another yucky, toxic product from my bathroom shelf!