Saturday, September 20, 2014

Quarterly Co.: My Subscription Addiction #MSA01 Subscription Box Review

The Quarterly Co. is a really unique subscription box service.  They offer a wide variety of curated boxes from different celebrities and cultural icons.  Each box will have products which reflect that curator, along with a description card detailing why the curator selected each product in their box.  It's a fun way to learn the thought process behind everything in your box and really gives you a better understanding of the curator. 

I have been eagerly anticipating this box since I first heard My Subscription Addiction was added as a new curator at Quarterly Co.  If you've never heard of the blog My Subscription Addiction, it is essentially the home ship for fellow subscription box addicts like me. The blogger, Liz, subscribes to every subscription box imaginable and provides her readers with what I find to be very honest reviews of their contents.  I probably check her website a few times a day and have found it an invaluable resource for making my own decisions on what subscriptions to purchase for myself.   
That being said, I eagerly subscribed to her first Quarterly Co. box even though I had no clue what would be in it.  Well, I guess that's not entirely true. Since I read her reviews religiously, I did have a pretty good inkling this box would be right up my alley, and I was not disappointed at all.


The Quarterly Co. My Subscription Addiction Box #MSA01:

*Cost: $50/box.  Boxes are shipped every three months.
*Products: "Thanks to subscription boxes, Liz is now ingredient-conscious. Her picks in the categories of beauty, fashion and lifestyle will be free of ingredients like parabens and paraffin, and full of natural ingredients to keep you healthy and beautiful." (Quote via Quarterly Co. website)


Each box comes with a letter from the curator detailing the story behind the products chosen for that particular quarter.   The theme of this box is "Fall Favorites." I love this theme as Fall is my favorite time of the year!  One detail I've noticed right off the bat is that Liz has included the value of each item in the box.  Bravo, Liz!!!  I wish all boxes would do this. I always like knowing how much bang I got for my buck!

Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Guava (0.14 fl oz) ~ $15  **Full Size**
I'm always super excited to get make-up in a subscription box. I've been using Juice Beauty's Tinted Moisturizer for about a year now but I have yet to try their lip gloss. The color included in my box is really flattering for my skin tone.  It's fairly sheer, giving my lips an added shine with a soft hint of extra color.  I also noticed it goes on smoothly; not at all tacky or sticky like some glosses.  This is definitely a win for me!

TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder (2.1 oz) ~ $65  **Full Size**
This product alone more then pays for this box.  I am sure I would never have bought this on my own since it is a tad on the pricey side, so I am over-the-moon excited to try this cleanser and exfoliator.

Fig + Yarrow Cardamon + Coffee Body Scrub (4.5 oz) ~ $22  **Trial/Travel Size**
Fig + Yarrow is a new brand to me.  Their website is loaded with all sorts of wonderful all-natural beauty products that left me itching to buy, buy, buy.  If this body scrub is half as wonderful as it appears it will be, I'll be in BIG trouble! :)

Raw Naturals Soy Candle in Chai Latte (5 oz) ~  $24  **Full Size**
This candle smells fantastic.  It's still kind of hot and summer-like here but my house is going to be all spicy and yummy smelling when Fall officially rolls around.

Simonetta Infinity Knit Scarf ~ $25
I was so surprised this is only $25, it feels and looks so luxurious.  My scarf was red with a black herringbone pattern (there were four different colors you could get), which is perfect for a gal who loves the Nebraska Cornhuskers. GO BIG RED!!!  This must be a piece designed specifically for this box because I couldn't find it on-line anywhere. 

Just Fab Coupon ~ 75% off
Just Fab is a monthly subscription service for shoes.  The coupon is 75% off the first box.

My Final Two Cents: 
This subscription box is definitely a winner in my book.  I paid $50 and received $151 worth of goodies. There was a great mix of beauty, fashion and lifestyle items.  I am so happy with everything in my box.  I know I'll use absolutely everything in it. The only bad thing I can say about it is that I'll have to wait a whole three months for the next one!

~Chrissy

Disclosure: I am an Amazon.com Affiliate.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great box. I would be happy with everything in it. I follow Liz on instagram and love her posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I was like a kid at Christmas opening this box. I can't wait to dig into all my new beauty products! Liz's website is such fun. I've been signed up for email alerts for awhile now but I'll have to check out her Instagram, too!

      Delete