Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pineapple Cucumber and Lime Summer Salad

After a brief respite from the brutal summer heat last week (Our temperature felt more like Fall then Summer), it's back in full, scorching force!  As much as I enjoy the summertime, the intense heat oftentimes has me searching for any kind of cool and refreshing escape.  Enter in this flavor popping, sweet & sour, mind-blowing good Pineapple Cucumber and Lime Salad. 

I found this recipe while scouring the lovely universe that is Pinterest.  The unique combination of ingredients as well as the pure simplicity of it sucked me right in.  I knew I had to try it for myself.  It was love at first bite!

Pineapple Cucumber and Lime Summer Salad (recipe slightly adapted from Mom On Time Out)
Ingredients
1 Pineapple (cut into small chunks)
1 large Cucumber (remove seeds & cut into small chunks)
2 Limes (juiced)
Zest from 1 Lime
1 Tbsp Cilantro, minced
Directions:
1.  Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.  
2.  Set aside and allow all of the juices to marinate, about 30 minutes, before serving. 
3.  Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

I enjoyed every last minute of this dish, so much so that I was even known to drink up all the leftover juices from the bottom of my bowl!  I know, so unlady-like, right?  But the juice was equally amazing and has inspired me to try juicing a refreshing drink using these same ingredients in the not so distant future.  I'll be sure to post it if it's as amazing as I hope it will be. 

If I haven't raved enough yet, you've simply gotta try this delightful dish before the summer is over!  
~Chrissy



No comments:

Post a Comment