The idea behind "My Friday Five" is to post five different facts or tidbits which I absolutely must share with you all or I'll burst. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic there but basically, it's a little peek into my obsessions, loves, likes.... and sometimes my very soul. ;)
Now, without further adieu...Drum Roll, please....
1. Taking those silly, pointless "Which (fill in the blank) are you?" type quizzes which pop up all over my Twitter and Facebook feed. This week, I found out I am a Snowth Muppet (The pink furry creatures as seen in the above YouTube clip), Chewbacca from Star Wars, and I should actually live in the city of Portland, Oregon. These quizzes just scream out "TONS OF FUN" to my inner child. I can't not find out what my results will show! (If you click on the links to all my results above you can take the quizzes yourself and find out what you are, too!)
3. The Pay it Forward Facebook Initiative. I am currently taking part in this fun project currently making the rounds on Facebook. In order to participate you have to post the following status update on your Facebook page and follow the rules set forth:
- "To start this year off in a loving way I'm participating in the Pay-it-Forward initiative... The first five people who comment on this status with "I'm in" will receive a surprise from me at some point in this calendar year- anything from a book, a ticket, a visit, something home-grown or made, a postcard, absolutely any surprise! There will be no warning and it will happen when the mood comes over me and I find something that I believe would suit you and make you happy. These five people must make the same offer in their FB status and distribute their own joy. Simply copy this text onto your profile, (don't share) so we can form a web of connection and kindness. Let's do more nice and loving things for each other in 2014, without any reason other than to make each other smile and show that we think of each other. (p.s. if you are one of the top 5 to first comment please private message me your mailing address.)"
The wheels in my head are already turning. I am going to have such fun spending the year thinking about how I want to surprise the five on my list!!
4. "All of Me" by John Legend. This song is simple and beautiful and real. I love!!!
5. "Rediscovering something you've had for years. I recently dug up these earrings when I was cleaning up my jewelry box and haven't taken them off all week. They are adorably geeky and I've been in a geeky kind of mood lately. Unfortunately they are no longer available from the Etsy seller I purchased them from, although there are some other cute @ things for sale if you do a search. Isn't Etsy a fun site to spend hours perusing? I have found so many fun and unique items from there, in fact.....this is going to be a perfect place to help me out with my "Pay It Forward" project!!!!
So now that the "Mahna Mahna" song has been firmly etched in your mind and you'll be singing it for the rest of the day, what were the results of your quiz? Come on, I know you are dying to know what Muppet you are, so be sure to let me know in the comment section below! :)
Have a fantastic weekend!!!!